Australia’s Orbital says it passed an important engineering milestone with the successful integration of its advanced fuel-injection technology, called FlexDITM, into a passenger car. Combined with FlexDITM, Chinese auto maker Chongqing Changan’s Intelligent Compound Combustion Systems engine produced significant reductions in fuel consumption and greenhouse-gas emissions, Orbital says. Changan hired Orbital in 2009 to integrate FlexDITM into the ICCS 4-cyl., designed to meet stricter ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Orbital Says Fuel-Injection System Passes Road Test" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.