General Motors Corp. will announce Tuesday (Sept. 26) an investment in its Oshawa No. 2 car assembly plant to ready the facility for Pontiac Grand Prix production, part of a new “mid-lux” platform, beginning July 1, 2002, sources say. Plans call for Grand Prix output to move to Oshawa from its present source at GM's Fairfax, KS, plant, which in July was designated the lead plant for the automaker's forthcoming Epsilon midsize car global platform — believed to include the Olds Alero, Chevy ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Oshawa Plant to Get GM Mid-Lux Platform" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.