Elements of Ottawa’s latest budget hold promise for auto makers considering expansion in Canada, assures federal Industry Minister Allan Rock in a meeting with mayors of Canadian automotive centers. Changes to capital tax laws and revised requirements for unemployment insurance contributions will ease the financial burden on companies and their employees, Rock promises. Canada ranks itself 7th in world vehicle production, but 1st in research and development. “They won’t hand ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ottawa May Be Warming to Investment Incentives" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.