Take a tour of the CAMI Automotive Inc. plant in Ingersoll, Ont., Canada, and you won’t see workers installing old-fashioned window cranks as Chevrolet Equinoxes roll down the line. Power windows come standard. The Equinox is General Motors Corp.’s entry-level cross/utility vehicle, one designed to lure young buyers with an attractive price, with hopes the customer eventually will upgrade to a better-equipped, higher-priced, more spacious SUV within the GM family. Not long ago, a vehicle ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Out With the Old" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.