NEW YORK – Mark Fields, outgoing president and CEO of Mazda Motor Corp., confirms that Mazda will drop its unique Miller-Cycle 2.3L DOHC V-6 engine when the Millenia sedan goes out of production after this year. Sources previously told Ward's that the Miller-Cycle engine was to be discontinued (see related story: Mazda To Cut Miller Engine, Millenia Fate Uncertain). "We have limited resources for powertrains and decided the engine did not fit in with future product plans," Fields says. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Outgoing Mazda Boss Confirms Miller-Cycle is Done" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.