We North Americans are a tough lot. We have elevated the discount to a national past time. We crave deals, deep-discounted deals. Anyone that gets in our way, beware. The laws against monopoly are just the beginning of the extent we’ll go to clear the path to a good price. Laws currently on the horizon are heading toward criminalizing anything that hints of predatory pricing. What’s worse, it’s not about jailing a few fraudulent dealers here and there, it’s about demonizing anyone who ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Outlawing Profit" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.