The sharks Down Under are sensing blood and starting to circle. With Mitsubishi Motors Australia Ltd. still in the process of closing its assembly plant by March 31, analysts are saying a further shakeup is inevitable and debating which of the three surviving domestic plants will close next. Most are focusing on Ford Motor Co. of Australia Ltd.’s assembly operations in Melbourne. Analysts say a vehicle plant needs to build 200,000 units annually to be profitable. Although the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Oz Analysts Predict Ford Plant Next to Fall" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.