CANBERRA – Sales of light passenger cars pushed ahead in February, despite a general softening in the Australian market. The Federal Chamber of Automotive Industries says overall light-vehicle sales fell 4.6%, to 77,466 units. Year-to-date sales fell 2.2% from like-2005, to 147,449 units. The light passenger car segment jumped 13.8%, or 1,097 units, in February, marking the 31st month in a row the segment has set a sales record. However, small-car sales slipped 0.4%, ending a 12-month ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Oz February Light-Car Sales Strong, Despite Softening Market" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.