Australian Industry Minister Ian Macfarlane rebuffs a call from the local auto industry for more government aid and a review of the way existing money has been allocated. Federal Chamber of Automotive Industries CEO Andrew McKellar says in a published report the country’s four domestic auto makers – Ford Motor Co. of Australia Ltd., GM Holden Ltd., Toyota Motor Corp. Australia Ltd. and Mitsubishi Motors Australia Ltd. – want to renegotiate the rest of a A$7.3 billion ($6.2 billion) ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Oz Government Resists Call for More Aid" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.