Victoria Industry Minister Theo Theophanous reportedly is in the U.S. this month for talks with auto makers about rising job losses in the Australian state. His goal is to provide the U.S. chiefs of GM Holden Ltd. and Ford Motor Co. of Australia Ltd. their first face-to-face briefing on the federal government’s controversial recommendation to proceed with a cut in vehicle tariffs to 5% from 10% in 2010, he says in a published report. “(General Motors Corp. and Ford Motor Co.) have got to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Oz Industry Minister Travels to U.S. for Talks With GM, Ford" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.