The Australian new-vehicle market burned rubber in June, with record sales up 5.7% to 108,722 units from 102,847 year-ago, prompting the industry to raise its full-year 2010 forecast closer to 1 million units. Federal Chamber of Automotive Industries CEO Andrew McKellar says the month’s performance is a clear demonstration of renewed confidence in the marketplace. “Today’s result eclipses the previous June monthly record set in 2008 by 2,181 units to become the highest-selling month in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Oz June Vehicle Sales Set Record" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.