Australian Industry Minister Ian Macfarlane says he knows car companies are working to satisfy multinational bottom lines, but part of that process has to be defense of Australia’s ability to produce high quality, innovative vehicles and parts. Macfarlane says car makers need to take a long-term view when it comes to making sourcing decisions. “There will be a phase of ‘hanging tough,’” he says, "There will be ups and downs. There will corporate collapses. There will also be some tough ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Oz Minister Calls on Industry for More Local Sourcing" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.