CANBERRA – The new-vehicle demand frenzy shows no signs of easing, with Australia seemingly headed toward record results – possibly even topping the 1 million-unit mark – for 2004. New car and truck sales rose 5.6% year-on-year in June to a record 97,212 units – taking the first half total to 473,516, up 6.3%. Corolla sales topped 4,000 units for second time in history. Federal Chamber of Automotive Industries figures show Toyota Motor Corp. Australia Ltd. as the first manufacturer ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Oz Posts Record June Sales" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.