Australia is being used to test a plan to take the Skoda brand into the U.S., Volkswagen Group Australia Managing Director Jutta Dierks says. Skoda has re-entered Australia for the first time since the 1970s, offering its Octavia and Roomster models. “Here is tough,” Dierks says. “It is competitive. If they can have success here, they can try the American market.” Czech Republic-based Skoda Auto a.s. believes there are many similarities between the two countries and their car ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Oz Return May Pave Way for Skoda in U.S." is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.