Australians continue to buy new vehicles at a record pace, as January sales rose 6.9% to 82,270 units from year-ago. The domestic industry topped 1 million sales for the first time last year. But with this week’s announcement Mitsubishi Motors Australia Ltd.’ will close its Adelaide car plant that builds the 380 large sedan, resulting in the loss of 930 jobs, the Federal Chamber of Automotive Industries cautions the domestic market faces significant competitive challenges in the year ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Oz Sales Remain Strong in January" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.