Australian new-vehicle sales rose for the second straight month, with the August tally up 7.3% to 88,082 units, prompting forecasts full-year demand will reach seven figures for only the fourth time. “These positive figures are good news for the automotive industry in Australia, and put the industry firmly on track to achieve the 1 million sales target for 2011,” Federal Chamber of Automotive Industry acting CEO Steve Payne says in a statement. “We’re continuing to see a recovery in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Oz Sales Rise, Forecast to Top 1 Million for 2011" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.