Australians ignored rising interest rates and fuel prices in February, as new-vehicle sales rose 7.4% to a record 89,898 units from prior-year’s 83,740. The Federal Chamber of Automotive Industries says year-to-date deliveries are up 9.3% to a record 172,168 units, putting the industry on course to sell more than 1 million vehicles in 2008 for the second year in a row. “The February sales result is very pleasing for the automotive industry and shows that underlying demand from private ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Oz Sales Set Record in February" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.