Private buyers are beginning to return to Australian showrooms in greater numbers, adding to vehicle demand from businesses that continue to take advantage of the government’s stimulus measures. August new-vehicle sales totaled 73,287 units, down just 5.2% from July, official VFACTS data released by the Federal Chamber of Automotive Industries shows. July deliveries slid 10.3% to 75,333 units, from year-ago. “These figures indicate private buyers are regaining confidence and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Oz Stimulus Measures Spur Sales in August" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.