Thailand officials say some Australian automotive suppliers are considering moving their operations to Thailand to take advantage of the free-trade agreement between the two countries. Vibulphan Juntarashote, Thailand Board of Investment assistant secretary-general, says the Australian companies suggested the move during the board’s recent road show to Sydney, Melbourne and Geelong. She says the suppliers are lured by Thailand’s production and labor costs, which are up to 30 times lower ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Oz Suppliers Consider Relocating to Thailand" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.