About two-thirds of Australian suppliers have experienced declining or stagnant profits in the last three years and must focus on overseas markets in order to survive, a new report says. The study by Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Pty. Ltd. for the Australian Industry Group highlights the ongoing restructuring of the country’s auto-parts industry as it responds to greater global competition, a strong Australian dollar, declining vehicle production and demand from OEMs for lower-cost components. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Oz Suppliers Too Dependent on Domestic Market, Report Finds" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.