Australian consumers ignored political and economic uncertainties and pushed new-vehicle sales in 2010 to the second-highest level ever, as dealers moved more than 1 million units for only the third time in history. The Federal Chamber of Automotive Industries says demand rose 10.5% to 1,035,574 units, 98,246 more vehicles than in 2009. Passenger-car sales rose 9.5% to 592,122 units, but within this, large cars, mainly Australian-built, fell 3.2% to 98,583. Small-car sales jumped 11.8% ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Oz Tops 1 Million in Vehicle Sales for Only Third Time" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.