CANBERRA – Parts maker Pacifica Group Ltd. says its biggest customer, General Motors Corp., has dropped the supplier’s rear disc brakes in favor of cheaper drum brakes for a new ’05 economy light SUV. "We've been impacted by a decision by General Motors to introduce a vehicle that doesn't have our brakes," Managing Director John MacKenzie says. GM also is returning to drum brakes on its ’05 fullsize pickups. (See related story: GM Pickups to Brake Better) The decision on sourcing new ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Pacifica Loses GM Brake Contract" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.