Early indications are consumers and auto makers are taking a shine to paint with less sparkle in favor of sheet metal with a “liquid-metal” look, says coatings manufacturer BASF. Currently, the effect can be achieved with an aftermarket product, while Ford soon will launch at least two vehicles with a near-liquid-metal finish, says Paul Czornij, technical manager-color excellence. A Honda Civic concept featured the unique look at this year’s Detroit auto show in January. But early ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Paint Trend Fluid, BASF Says" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.