KARACHI — Pakistan's auto industry is experiencing a sales decline, industry sources say, with a total of 38,000 vehicles sold last year, indicating capacity utilization of only 40%. Automakers in the country include Toyota Motor Corp., Suzuki Motor Corp., Honda Motor Co. Ltd., Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. and Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd. Sales of 0.8L cars saw the sharpest plunge, from 16,000 units in the 1998-1999 fiscal year to about 8,000 during the last fiscal year, ending in July. Industry ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Pakistan car industry looks for tax relief" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.