Now rumored in Malaysia is a strategic partnership linking Volkswagen AG or PSA Peugeot Citroen to beleaguered Perusahaan Otomobil Nasional Sdn. Bhd., best known as Proton. Details are sketchy but reports in Kuala Lumpur indicate the Malaysian government may be willing to offer the German or French auto maker effective control of the ailing national car company. Proton lost first place in the market this year to Perusahaan Otomobil Kedua Sdn. Bhd. (Perodua), Malaysia’s other national car ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"A Partner for Proton?" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.