HALF MOON BAY, CA – Is it a European luxury sedan or just another run-of-the-mill 4-door 8-cyl. passenger car? That’s a question even the folks at Volkswagen of America Inc. have trouble answering as they struggle to pinpoint just where the new ’02 Passat W8 fits in the market. The Passat W8 offers up 270 hp that moves the sedan from 0 to 60 mph (97 km/h) in just 6.5 seconds. While VW tries hard to maintain its cutesy, awe-shucks brand image, this new high-powered Passat gives ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Passat W8 Faces Identity Crisis" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.