MUMBAI – Diesel’s high fuel efficiency, combined with its substantially low price here, is prompting India’s utility vehicle (UV) makers to return to diesel engines. Increasing refinement and greater sophistication of new-generation diesel engines not only have made them acceptable but also more desirable (see related story: India’s Utility Vehicle Market Growing). Entry of more players, state-of-the-art spacious luxury models, new comfortable people carriers and attractive financing ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Pendulum Swings Back to Diesels" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.