Malaysia’s Perusahaan Otomobil Kedua Sdn Bhd (Perodua) has begun hiring 400 additional workers as it ramps up production to meet a steady increase in orders. Managing Director Hafiz Bakar says the national auto maker has boosted output 20%-30% to meet demand as the country’s festival season approaches. Perodua also is gearing up to launch its maiden multipurpose vehicle at the end of the year. The Business Times newspaper reports the auto maker’s production rose to 19,000 units in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Perodua Hiring Workers to Meet Increased Demand" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.