DETROIT – The fullsize pickup market will continue to surge this year, fueled in part by the return of so-called personal-use buyers, predicts Fred Diaz, president and CEO of Chrysler Group LLC’s Ram brand. A decade ago, when gas prices routinely were under $2 a gallon, the segment attracted consumers who used their vehicle for daily commutes, rather than as a work truck. The industry coined several terms for such casual buyers, including “personal-use” and “wind haulers.” But when gas ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Personal-Use Buyers Will Return to Pickup Market, Ram CEO Says" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.