Thailand’s Constitution Court is being asked to annul the Thai Australian Free Trade Area agreement on grounds the government entered into it unconstitutionally two years ago. The pact, in part, dropped Thailand's tariffs on large Australian-built cars from 80% to zero and also reduced by 50% tariffs on Australia’s midsize passenger vehicles. Thailand, in return, gained increased access to the Australian light-truck market. Senators Kraisak Choonhavan and Nirand Pitakwachara, along with ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Petitioners Ask Thailand Court to Annul Australian FTA" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.