Malaysia’s Petroliam Nasional Bhd (Petronas) may sell its remaining stake in national auto maker Preusahaan Otomobil Nasional Bhd (Proton). The move is seen as helping boost Kazanah Nasional Bhd, the state investment arm, which wants to consolidate its shares in the auto maker. "Rather than Petronas continuing to own Proton, it will be better for Petronas’ portion to be consolidated with Khazana," says Petronas Chairman Azizan Zainul Abidin in published reports. Petronas, which bought ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Petronas May Sell Proton Stake" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.