Peugeot SA and IBM Corp. team up to create an Internet vehicle diagnostic system, e-diagnostics, that allows a service technician to detect any problems via a vehicle’s on-board computer. The system connects to a central server through cables attached to a telephone line and lets a technician know exactly what is wrong with the vehicle, then provides step-by-step instructions on how to correct the problem. Peugeot and IBM hope to have the system in European dealerships and service ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Peugeot and IBM to Create Online Diagnostic System" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.