PARIS – Automobiles Peugeot’s launch into electric-vehicle distribution has begun, albeit slowly. Some 200 orders have been placed for the Peugeot iOn, a version of the Mitsubishi i-MiEV, and the auto maker expects to move 4,000 units this year, all to fleets, says Xavier Peugeot, director-marketing and communication. Among the customers is an auto-sharing program in Nice, France, that will take 40 cars. The iOn and its lithium-ion battery will be leased for €500 ($680) a month. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Peugeot Begins Rollout of iOn EV" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.