PARIS – PSA Peugeot Citroen and its partner Dongfeng Motor Corp. will double the capacity of their Chinese joint venture plant to 300,000 units this year as the Peugeot brand makes its Chinese comeback. PSA Chairman Jean-Martin Folz and Dongfeng Chairman Wei Miao are holding a Jan. 7 ceremony to inaugurate construction of the plant expansion in Wuhan, to be completed by the second half of 2006. Peugeot 307 Reuters reports Miao as saying sales could triple by 2007 to $3.6 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Peugeot Brand to Stage Comeback in China" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.