In what it claims is a first for a European automaker, PSA Peugeot Citroen launches its 2L HPi (High Pressure injection), a direct-injection gasoline (DGI) engine. Initial information from Peugeot indicates that the all-new HPi is a 2L DOHC I-4 that produces 138 hp and peak torque of 142 lb.-ft. (193 Nm), with 125 lb.-ft. (170 Nm) available at 2,000 rpm. Compared to the port fuel-injected XU 2L I-4, Peugeot says the new HPi delivers 19% better fuel consumption on the EU mixed-driving ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Peugeot launches all-new DGI 4-cyl." is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642