SAO PAULO – The auto industry has invested about $500 million in the state of Rio de Janeiro over the last five years, most of it from heavy investments made by the PSA Peugeot Citroen and Volkswagen AG. Although Automobiles Peugeot and Automobiles Citroen officials were overly optimistic about the Brazilian market when they built their plant in Porto Real, Pierre Michel Fauconnier, head of the Brazilian group, says the “investment is successful and production is at a high level.” ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Peugeot, VW Strengthen Investments in Rio" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.