DRESDEN, Germany – Ferdinand Piech, the driven former CEO of Volkswagen AG conceived the idea of marketing a flagship luxury vehicle for the VW brand as a way of challenging his engineers. The result is Phaeton, among other achievements the most-powerful VW ever. The car bristles with state-of-the-art technology and luxury. For the U.S. market, VW will deliver only a long-wheelbase (118.1 ins. [300 cm]) model coupled with its unique W-12 engine or a 4.2L DOHC V-8. The heart of the new ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Phaeton Most Powerful VW Ever" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.