BEIJING — China's pickup truck sector could see a rapid expansion in the next two to three years if the current wave of financial investment by local truck producers is any indication. The pickup truck sector historically has grown at a slow pace since its inception about a decade ago. Production was slightly more than 20,000 units in 1997, about 30,000 units in 1998 and roughly 50,000 units in 1999. With investment now at more than RMB5 billion (US$604 million), China's estimated 40 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Pickup truck sector poised for rapid growth" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.