FOUNTAIN INN, SC – When Germany’s Rheinmetall Group cut the ribbon on its brand-new Pierburg Inc. engine parts plant here a decade ago, the supplier set a goal for the facility to reach at least $80 million in sales by 2007. Sales of secondary air pumps, throttle bodies, water pumps and oil pumps amounted to a modest $3 million when the plant opened in 1996. But it was Rheinmetall’s first parts facility in the U.S., built to support new vehicle-assembly plants in the region for BMW AG and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Pierburg Plant Hones Focus on Emissions" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.