PARIS – Pininfarina SpA, the Italian coach-builder known for designing Peugeots and Ferraris and building niche models for companies like Volvo Car Corp. and Ford Motor Co., will launch an electric car under its own name in Europe in 2009 and in the U.S. and Japan from 2010. The EV, whose design and name have yet to be announced, will be powered with a lithium metal-polymer battery provided by Bollore Group SA. The two companies are 50/50 partners in a €150 million ($220 million) joint ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Pininfarina Teams With Battery Makers Bollore to Build EVs" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.