LONDON – It may be some years off yet, but Italian tire maker Pirelli SpA is convinced there’s a future for the “intelligent" tire that can control a vehicle's steering, braking and suspension in line with the road conditions. In fact, Pirelli is so convinced this is the way forward that it is sinking hundreds of millions of dollars of research spending into making it a reality. The intelligent tire – or "cyber tire" as Pirelli calls it – is the centerpiece of a corporate research ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Pirelli Experiments With Nanotech Tires" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.