Labeling as “unsatisfactory” last year’s 58.2% pre-tax profit increase to €1.7 billion ($2 billion), Volkswagen AG Chairman Bernd Pischetsrieder promises more improvement in 2006, but declines to reveal a specific near-term target. The Volkswagen Group expects sales and revenue to “increase slightly” this year because of the auto maker’s ongoing product offensive, VW says in a statement outlining its official full-year financial results. Primary contributors will be material cost ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Pischetsrieder Vows to Meet 2008 Profit Goal" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.