The trend toward modularity and systems is about to extend into the closely guarded realm of pistons. Three leading piston suppliers, Mahle GmbH, Kolbenschmidt Pierburg AG and Federal-Mogul Corp., have been positioning themselves aggressively through acquisitions, mergers or new construction to bring more than just pistons to the auto industry. The companies are pushing piston systems. And while one company may call it the “power cell” and another the “power cylinder,” the package is ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Piston Market Consolidates as Modules Come" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.