PARIS – Plastic Omnium will build a new $35 million plant in Mexico in 2004 to provide bumpers for General Motors Corp.’s GMT900 vehicle program, the replacements for the Chevrolet Suburban and Avalanche and Cadillac Escalade. At full production, Plastic Omnium expects revenue of $60 million a year from the facility, which will be located in Silao, 5 miles (8 km) from the GM assembly plant there. Shipments begin in late 2005. New Plastic Omnium plant will supply bumpers for Chevy ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Plastic Omnium to Build New Plant in Mexico" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.