PARIS – Among the technical features of the Citroen DS5 coming to the market this fall are polycarbonate quarterlites from Freeglass of Germany, a leading contributor to renewed industry interest in weight saving. Freeglass has 80% of the plastic-glazing market, Managing Director Rym Benyahia says in an interview, although that percentage could change rapidly with the awarding of a single project because the market segment is so small. Freeglass’ predecessor company, Schefenacker , ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Plastic Windows to Get Closer Look" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.