LOS ANGELES – As Ford Motor Co. deals with the fallout following stories outlining its reliance on Toyota Motor Corp. licenses for some of its hybrid technology, the auto maker may want to take a second to thank the U.S. government for its hybrid “foundation,” as well. But that’s about it. Ford’s Escape Hybrid first U.S. hybrid vehicle to hit market. Little of the advanced technology in the Escape Hybrid comes as a result of the Dept. of Energy’s Partnership for a New Generation of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"PNGV Gets Little Credit for Escape Hybrid" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.