PARIS – Poland is the leading candidate for a new 300,000-unit PSA Peugeot Citroen plant to open in 2006. Two sites there previously were considered before PSA and Toyota Motor Corp. located their small car joint venture factory in Kolin, the Czech Republic. Poland reportedly was passed over because its labor laws made it too difficult to reduce a workforce. (see related story: PSA President Says Small Car JV with Toyota on Track) Since then, Poland has liberalized its laws ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Poland Leads PSA Search for New Plant Site" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.