VIENNA â€“ Production of the current-generation Chevrolet Aveo is being phased out at FSOâ€™s plant in Warsaw, Poland. The facility â€śhad fulfilled the order made for 5,000 units in 2011 by GM Daewoo and, in conjunction with that, interrupts car production starting from March 1,â€ť a prepared statement says. The future of the plant, which is owned by Ukrainian company UkrAvto, is unclear. Some 1,200 employees will be laid off over the next few weeks, and FSO is considering selling part of its ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Polandâ€™s FSO Halts Chevy Aveo Production; Plantâ€™s Future Unclear" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.