Ford Motor Co. is being sued by the National Assn. of Police Organizations (NAPO) over allegedly faulty gas tanks in its Crown Victoria police cruisers. NAPO, which represents more than 1,000 law enforcement agencies, says Ford’s offer to upgrade the tanks by installing protective shields isn’t satisfactory and it wants Ford to provide a better solution (see related story: Ford Announces Cruiser Fix). Ford says the suit has no merit and it is working to improve police officer safety. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Police Group Sues Over Ford Cruiser Tanks" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.