VIENNA – Fabryka Samochodow Osobowych S.A. (FSO), the Polish auto maker based in Warsaw, will halt production of Chevrolet Aveo cars for six weeks due to slow demand. The temporary shutdown will run from May 7 to June 20. The auto maker warns further production breaks also are possible in the summer months. FSO additionally has begun the dismissal of 650 workers employed at the car plant and its subsidiaries. The layoffs will be completed by June. The production stoppage underscores ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Polish Auto Maker FSO to Idle Chevy Aveo Output for Six Weeks" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.